Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sunday Morning Breakfast

I have tried to eliminate eggs from my diet since my conversation with Griffin, my wise 17 year old son. He suggested that not eating eggs would be an obvious choice for a vegetarian. I explained that I was a lacto-ovo vegetarian or thought I was until I digested his advice. Yes, if I don't eat chicken, why would I continue to consume eggs. So after becoming totally grossed out by the thought of what eggs are, I decided to avoid cooking omelettes and egg dishes. I also stopped using eggs in pancake and waffle recipes and have made cookies without them. This does not mean I will stop eating all products with eggs in them but that I will become more conscious when making the choice.

Becoming a vegetarian again was a choice I made when I decided to eat healthier and try and lose some weight. I do feel more energetic, more focused and I have lost weight. As long as this trend continues, it inspires me to learn more about nutrition and healthy living.

This morning I ate soy sage patties and whole wheat pancakes with my yogurt butter and honey. My favorite morning beverage is Vanilla Almond Milk. Eating whole grains keep you satisfied for a longer period than white flour. Soysage tastes great and has no cholesterol or bad fats. I used Wild flower honey because I ran out of Agave Maple Syrup.

Today is Super Bowl Sunday. I better get my homemade vegetarian chili out of the freezer so I can have some while not watching the game. Just kidding, I will probably have left over Thai from last night's meal.

What can I have for dinner, that is the question for the day?

No comments:

Post a Comment